Sunday, October 21, 2007

Roses Galore & Todays Market

Tony & I sold at Flemington Racecourse Market today, it was very very warm, I think a shock after all our cold weather we've been having in Melbourne lately.
It turned out to be a lovely day, mainly because my friend Siobhan came to the market to visit us, we had a great time walking around sampling all the food, buying the most beautiful bunches of roses....oh I wanted to take them all home, you have no idea how long it takes me to choose a particular bunch of roses!
Here's just a few of my photos, Siobhan has more photos coming on her blog I think, she took heaps more interesting ones than me, not sure if she has them on yet but click here to see her blog

The Stall selling freshly picked roses was also selling the rosebud heads, I thought that was a wonderful idea, they were selling 10 rosebud heads for $3.00.

As I'd just bought a lovely crystal bowl from a garage sale the day before I thought the rosebud heads would be perfect to float in the bowl, I've put a tea light candle in amongst them which will look very special lit tonight

Flemington Racecourse is renowned for it's beautiful gardens, below are just a few photos of tiny sections of the rose garden beds






Thanks so much for visiting
Gail

Related Posts with Thumbnails