Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I've been neglecting my Roses

Hi and thanks so much for coming over to visit

I've been happily painting away here, in between a market on Sunday, which was a bit of a so - so one, it is winter here so never mind, then my Dad turned 82 on Monday, so out for lunch we went -
Happy Birthday once again Dad if you're reading this!!!!






I finished this latest Beach themed painting - if you're interested you can click on the painting for details.


I have been guilty of neglecting my beloved Rose Paintings lately, the thing is they seem to be more popular finished in an ornate frame - Ornate frames are not easy to find anymore, either vintage or reproduction varieties, if and when I find frames its been hard to go out and paint my frames and gesso the back board.


I should have the painting finished, framed and ready for sale on our website by tomorrow night - all going well. I must say I've enjoyed working on these roses, I think the little break away doing something else did me the world of good.





I must finish this post soon as there are deadlines on a few competitions I'm entering for a new fancy camera - my camera is, should I say both my camera's aren't wonderful to say the least, I mentioned in one of my previous posts how disappointed I was with my new camera I got for Christmas...."One more try" I said to myself today, you can have a look at the photos below to see the craziness of my camera, blurry, bad colour etc. etc., and that was after I went into Photo Shop and tried fixing all the problems - you shouldn't have to do that every time you take a photo should you? I've been painting and tidying up in our Lounge room and wanted to show you some nice photos - not to be, let's hope I win one of the competitions.



I also wanted to show you how lovely some of my Pink Rosy Paintings look in my Newly Painted Living room, did you see Sarah's
A Beach Cottage's Blog Post on Saturday? - she combines the pink with her white palette so beautifully, well worth popping over to see, click here












Have a great week

~ Gail~

Related Posts with Thumbnails