Saturday, May 29, 2010

"All About Roses"

Hello and thanks for coming over
Saturday night here, freezing cold, dark at 5.30 p.m., but cozy with the heater going, no cooking for me tonight, takeaway something...? for dinner tonight, not sure what.
Anyway thought I'd do a post to say Hi, have been busy with a larger sized order this week, but made time to do this new one on canvas
I remember buying these tatty, old Encyclopedias years and years ago, I think I paid a few dollars for them at a Garage Sale, with the intention of reselling them, NOT something I'd ever do now, I so often flick through them for inspiration, whether it be Good Old Fashioned Cooking Recipes, Reference to Old Cottage Garden Plants, Home Hints, Home Remedies...the list goes on.
Another use was to feature one in my original painting I've just finished, I've painted it on a Canvas Panel and you can go here if you're interested to see details


Hope you're all having a great weekend
I think I'll enjoy flicking through Volume A-M tonight, I tend to "Google" everything, but every now and again isn't it nice to sit down on a cold winter's night in front of the heater, with the real thing in front of you
take care
~ Gail ~

Related Posts with Thumbnails