Saturday, September 22, 2007

Saturday news

Saturdays are always busy, even if we don't have markets which we didn't this weekend.


I went to garage sales this morning, isn't it funny how sometimes you find lots of the same thing in one particular day, today was my day for sparkly glass.











I don't think you can see each glass item properly but I did seem to have alot of beautiful crystal glasses, a lovely glass dome, a crystal vase and a pair of candle stick holders, so much when I got home I put them in the dishwasher and they came out beautifully, I don't think I spent more than $20 all up! Not always like that at garage sales though, just a lucky morning


Can you see in the photo the stand my mirror is sitting on (another pic below) it's all scrolly and Italian looking, I love it, it's sitting in the garden waiting for the perfect top, today I found a round mirror, it was only $5.00 so I thought why not, no got it home and just a little too small, I've used it for the above photo but you couldn't safely prop it on the scrolly base, never mind I've put it on our Table for a centre piece.


I had planned to paint the base white and distress it


The beautiful Orchid in the photo above I bought from a street stall the local church was running, oh yummy beautiful homemade jams, sponges, little flower posies, homemade cordial,I took a photo as you can see below. Because of all the new food handling regulations we don't often have these street stalls anymore, this one was a treat. I won't tell you what I bought and have already finished eating!




I did manage to finish some bits and pieces for our website and ebay too, big incentive for working today as it is our night out for dinner!





Related Posts with Thumbnails