Sunday, November 4, 2007

Last new Christmas Designs for a little while

Hello All

Hope you've enjoyed your weekend

Here in Melbourne today it has rained very heavily all last night and most of today, we desperately need it. It's sort of like a long weekend for us here as it's our big Melbourne Cup Day on Tuesday, lots of people take the Monday off from work and make a 4 day weekend out of it.

The rain was a bit of a shame for all our events planned here in Mornington for the weekend, sorry to all the Mornington Race goers that missed out due to the races being cancelled

(sorry Ellie you didn't get to wear your lovely new outfit)


It was also too wet for us to sell at a market today, so I found myself at home fiddling around once again with some Christmas designs, I have to stop now, I think I have enough! I now need to get back to some serious painting, I must say I have loved getting into the Christmas spirit. Here's a few I've been working on over the past week


We live not far from a real Christmas Tree farm, you actually go out in a tractor and pick your live tree to be cut down. Ellie and I visited yesterday, they were having a massive sale of their excess stock, I bought some gold cherubs (photo above) you can see them hanging outside to dry I'm in the prcoess of painting them pink, then when dry I'll give them the aging/distressing treatment, a bit of fun as they are quite large and cost only 50 cents each











Above

are two of my mounted prints which I thought would make perfect hangers for Christmas stockings or any favourite Christmas decoration


We have the best scrap booking supply shop (well more like a big factory) in Mornington, you could honestly spend hours in there.

I'd already painted my original cup cake chrissy pudding so bought the lovely aged polka dot paper and some absolutely beautiful ribbon to hang my new creations from (see below)







Above
another finished project, once again I've somehow managed to collect another glass /cheese board dome, this one I've painted the base white and distressed, I was going to sell it....hmmm no I love it...better keep it for a bit longer!
i
I can't believe I've bought Guss a christmas toy!, we've taught him to put his paw on Santa to start him talking...this is Guss intrigued by Santa, his moe wiggles as he talks
Thanks so much for visiting
Gail

Related Posts with Thumbnails