Monday, April 7, 2008

What to do with these cupboard doors?

My Dad had some renovations done to his kitchen, he replaced all of his cupboard doors, I was disgusted when he said he was going to take the old ones down to the tip! All ten (thereabouts) came home with me, I wasn't sure what I would do with them.
These cupboard doors are part of my childhood, along with the speckly laminated tubular aluminium legged table (very retro)
The kitchen was the centre of our family life, we always ate our Evening meal and of course brekky in the kitchen, there was no eating in front of the TV, the dining room was for special occasions only.
Sorry about the shadows on my photo
The doors are that wonderful soft vintage green colour
I've given the door a good sand, I've left the hinges on for a bit of interest
Of course the push button knob stayed on


I'm sorry my photos don't show up the lovely colour of the door

I still need to add a few finishing touches to my painting.

I remember many times creeping into the kitchen and sneaking that forbidden "before tea biscuit" ... I wonder if this was the cupboard door the biscuit tin lived behind??

Now all I need is some ideas for the rest of the doors, I thought a more retro theme would be good? Cupcakes also come to mind, pink mix masters...bit ambitious maybe

Ideas would be welcome

thanks for visiting

Related Posts with Thumbnails