Thursday, June 5, 2008

Tray Time


Funny how when you're out hunting for treasures, you have sort of a run on finding similar goodies.
Vintage folding trays seem to have been my latest.
Here's a few I've added some original painted bits and pieces too


click here to see any of these listed on our website

The little Cedar stool of course isn't a tray, but it seems to fit in with the theme I think
While I was musicking through my Crystal Cabinet for china to display on my tray, I thought you may be interested in seeing these beautiful hand painted China Trios, these are very special to me as they were painted by one of my relatives, I think at least 80 - 90 years ago
(Uncle Michael if you're reading this please let me know if I'm wrong)
at the time she was classed as an amateur artist, they look wonderful to me, painted on beautiful fine bone china, I would be frightened to use them

The beautiful China Urn below is another one of our treasures, this one was passed down to Tony from his side of the family.....no not at all sure of the origins, I would welcome any knowledge
I very often go to our China Cabinet for inspiration when I'm painting...whether it be for shapes, colours, romantically painted floral arrangements or just to have something beautiful next to me, whatever it maybe some of these pieces are like my old friends

Thanks for coming over to visit

Related Posts with Thumbnails