Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Assorted Lavender on a Shelf

I've been working on something a little different today - it was a treat to paint this one, I'd bought a beautiful little bunch of lavender from our local Farmer's Market on Saturday morning, the scent was lovely as I was painting.

I've had the recycled timber frame for a little while, humming and harring (is that how you spell harring, come to think of it is harring a word??) on what to paint in it, thought the colour of the lavender in my painting and the lovely old paint layers of the recycled timber used to make the frame would work well together



In the photo below the frame looks very Yellow looking, it's not really it's quite creamy, just the light where I had to take the photo, it's started pouring with rain here, barely any natural light left


Notice the recycled timber has slight hints of lavender appearing

Thanks so much for coming over

have a great week!!

~Gail~

Related Posts with Thumbnails