Thursday, October 1, 2009

Summer Days for the market

Thanks for your comments on my last post, doesn't it make you feel better to know you're not the only one feeling as if you're on a very fast Merry-Go-Round and can't get off. I've certainly made an effort, as much as I can, to make a little bit of time to re-charge my batteries and collect my thoughts.

I went to the Doctor for a routine check up and turned out I was Vitamin D deficient - which means I need to sit in the sun for about 15 to 20 minutes a day - sounds good to me, if and when the sun shows itself down here in Mt Martha - also need to eat more foods which contain vitamin D, but then again they may clash with me trying to watch my weight and cholesterol and the sun may clash with the fact I don't want extra wrinkly skin or sun cancer - blah blah blah....anyway sounds like the Vitamin D deficiency is quite a common thing here in Australia - I'd never had the test done before.

I have been enjoying working on some Beach Paintings over the last few days. We have a market on Saturday at Red Hill, you can click here for details and yes please we would love you to come and say "Hello" if you're in the area.

I've finished a few lovely little Beachy themed whimsical paintings, I thought it would be a bit of fun to list one on my website - why not? I used to paint really big versions a few years ago of these ones - love painting the little figures sitting under the umbrellas or swimming in the sea, families having picnics and lazing in the sun.... I bet they're not Vitamin D deficient.

These smaller originals on stretched canvas are very affordable, they don't need to be framed and come ready to hang, I've sourced some great quality gallery stretched canvas at a very reasonable price so can list this series at a very reasonable price.Just thought I'd take a photo of the larger sized original painting below, it is very large, really stunning in real life.


I find it very hard to photograph these long narrow landscape paintings - they tend to look a bit lost





This one will be available from our market on Saturday, it is too large to post

Thanks so much for coming over to visit

Have a great weekend (nearly weekend anyway)


~Gail~

Related Posts with Thumbnails