Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hello and thanks for coming back over here!
I so appreciated your comments on my last post re the painting, I was a bit reluctant to show that one, I'm in the process of varnishing it and am enjoying having it hanging in the spot it's in.
As for my Jars I found, I love them,
Funny thing though, today my friend dropped in with Roses she'd picked for me,
while waiting for the kettle to boil for coffee,
I plonked the Roses in one of my Saturday Garage Sale find Jars.
I could feel her watching me,
After thinking to myself they looked pretty good, I turned around, and do you know what she said to me?
"Couldn't you have found a Pretty Vase for them?"
...what the?...thinks me

For some reason, after she'd said that,
I felt inspired to paint these roses in my Garage Sale Jar,
it was a bit of a spur of the moment thing, so I painted them on paper (proper artist's paper)
I quite loved the way the painting turned out and loved painting on the paper.
I think framed under glass with a widish mount, the painting would look lovely, I think I may do a few of these and sell them as Original paintings on paper, no horrid postage charge, I can keep my price low
let the buyer, buy the mount and frame, what do you think?
....Here I go off on another tangent!



The other reason they were painted was cause I had time and paint left over from this project below.

We're finally getting back to restocking the website.
Tony and I have a new outlet we've been working hard to stock up...will fill you in with details in the next few days to where it is.
No that's not why my website's bare...have been busy packing and posting,
Thankyou to my lovely buyers!




you can click on the photo if you'd like details on the hand painted, double box

Thanks so much once again for coming over
~ Gail ~

Related Posts with Thumbnails